There are many advantages with the use of precast stairs over in-situ stairs:
- Stairs provide immediate access to working levels as construction proceeds
- Quick erection, therefore earlier project completion and prevention of site obstruction
- Quality controlled off-site manufacture and storage allowing delivery as required
- Reduction of on-site trades, resulting in reduced infrastructure and facility requirements with improved site safety
- Removes requirement to erect and dismantle expensive and labour-intensive formwork so other trades can move in more quickly after the construction team to accelerate project completion.